It’s fall…Pumpkin Spice Latte anyone?? Are you are in LOVE with PSL? This drink is pretty delicious, but it can rack up a lot of calories and sugars! A Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks is 240 calories and 37g sugar. Want whipped cream on that? That brings your total calories up to 300. Wow!! Eating your calories is much better than drinking them, so check out these 5 tips to lower the calories (and sugars) in all your hot drinks this season.
- Smaller size: The larger the cup the more calories and sugars there are. Getting a smaller size drink can cut out up to 65% of the calories!!!
- Different base: Instead of getting 2% milk try non-fat or almond milk. Using almond milk will cut 60 calories out of your drink!
- Less syrup: Try your drink with one less pump of syrup.
- No Whipped cream: Hold the whipped cream on your hot beverage and lose another 60 calories
- Get it occasionally: For those who stop by the coffee shop daily this can be a hard habit to break. If you like stopping for a cup on the way to work. Try a plain coffee some days instead of something that comes sweetened.