In order to achieve weight loss, we need to be fully committed. Sometimes the bathroom scale can actually play tricks on our mind. In order to create weight loss, we need to maintain a healthy diet and exercise daily. When we exercise, we are actually building muscle. Since muscle takes up less physical mass than fat, we can actually become fitter and trimmer without seeing the needle on the bathroom scale change very much, especially in the beginning.
Here are some simple tips for creating weight loss, one pound at a time.
- No matter wheat that bathroom scale says, remain fully committed. In the beginning, pay more attention to how your clothes are fitting than to your actual weight.
- Never skip breakfast. The reason that they call it “the most important meal of the day” is that eating breakfast helps us to curb our hunger throughout the day.
- Make sure to include protein in all of your meals, especially breakfast. Protein is a natural appetite suppressant and also builds muscle mass.
- Drink lots of water, up to eight glasses a day. This, too will curb your appetite because we often feel hungry when we become dehydrated.
- Get a workout buddy. There will definitely be days when you don’t feel like working out. A friend can help to keep you motivated. Choose an exercise program that you really like. You don’t have to pump iron” to lose weight. A brisk walk of 20 minutes per day will help to induce weight loss, one pound at a time.
Don’t get frustrated and remain fully committed. As time goes on, dieting and exercise become much easier. It usually takes the average person 90 days to develop a new habit. So keep your emotions in check. Too many of us self-sabotage and turn to food when we are feeling negative emotions.