Being mindful while eating meals is one of the best strategies to use for wellness. Slowing down at mealtime is not only good for your waistline, but also for your mind and digestive systems. Sometimes our lives get so chaotic and rushed. Do something good for you and your family by promoting the 20 minute meal strategy.
• Check the clock before you start
• Eat your meal at your normal pace
• Check the clock at the end of your meal & jot down how long you took to eat your entire meal
At your next meal, increase your meal time by 5 minutes. Document your meal time, when you started to feel full, and your mood.
• Keep repeating Step 2 with each meal until meals last at least 20 minutes.
• Document each day.
• Note at what time during the 20-Minute Meal that you feel satisfied and when you tip over to full.
• Make each meal for the next 7 days a 20-Minute Meal (or longer!).
• Take note if you feel uncomfortably full at any point.